Online applications are invited from Indian Citizen and such other national as declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the post of General Duty Medical Officers ( G.D.M.O.s ) in the Cadre of the West Bengal Health Service ( Basic Grade) and Block Medical Officer of Healths ( B.M.O.H.s ) (Basic public health-cum-administrative Officer) in West Bengal Public Health Cum Administrative Services under Health & Family Welfare, Department, Government of West Bengal.
1. Post Name: General Duty Medical Officer(GDMO)
Vacancies: 1329[UR:355, BC(A):186, BC(B):207, SC: 236, ST:237, PWD:108]
Educational Qualifications: Medical qualifications included in the First or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956 ) and Registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal.
2. Post Name: Block Medical Officer of Health (Basic public healthcum-administrative Officer)
Vacancies: 168[UR:90, BC(A):17, BC(B):14, SC: 30, ST:13, PWD:4]
Educational Qualifications: Medical qualifications ( MBBS Degree) included in the First or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and Registration as Medical Practitioner in West Bengal.
Note: Candidates who have passed the requisite
Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. The candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jul 2020 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at I
Other Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/ She should have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hills sub-division of Darjeeling District- viz. Darjeeling sadar, Kalingpong & Kurseong).
- Age Limit: Upto 36 years for ordinaey medical graguates.
- Age Limit: Upto 40 years for post graduate candidates.
- Age Relaxation as per Govt Rules
Selection procedure consists of the following stages:
· Written Test/ Interview
How to Apply
· Application fee: Rs 210/-
· Application fee: Nill for SC/ST/PWD Candidates
Start Date for filling online applications
15 NOV 2019
Last date for submission of online applications
22 NOV 2019(Before 8PM)