Online applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens and others declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post(s) which is/are temporary but likely to be permanent.
Post Name: LIBRARIAN IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
Total Vacancies: 26[UR:13 ,OBC-A: 3, OBC-B: 2, SC: 6, ST: 2]
1. A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record.
2. Should have qualified in the National/ State Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET) for Librarianship conducted by the University Grants Commission or the West Bengal College Service Commission or any other agency approved by the University Grants Commission.
PhD in Library Science or in an equivalent subject.
1.Relaxation of 5% marks may be allowed at the Graduate and Masters level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled)/ and Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for determining eligibility and good academic record.
2. Minimum qualifying marks of 55% at the Master’s level can be relaxed by 5% (up to 50%) for Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Other Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali is an essential requirement but such knowledge is not mandatory for candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali, unless specifically mentioned. Such ability will be tested at the time of interview.
- Age Limit: Upto 40 years.
Selection procedure consists of the following stages:
· Written Test
How to Apply
· The applications must be submitted through online mode only on the official website provided below.
· Application fee: Rs. 210/-
· SC/ST, PwD candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Commencement of online applications
Closing date for receipt of online application
Last date of payment of fees
Last date for payment of fees Offline in Branches of UBI
Last date for Generation of Payment Challans by Branches of UBI